Friday, February 3, 2012

January????

Somehow, January  just flittered away - I'm not sure where it went!!!  We are still in Borrego Springs enjoying the sunshine and warmth  - actually enjoying it once again.  It was time to head north to see the family and do a bit of work at the same time - having arrived back only a couple of nights ago.  We had a good trip, a great visit, nice weather, and got some work done so now it is time to relax for another couple of months.

Since my last blog, we have maintained a low profile.  We did go off-roading a couple of times and I even got to test my skills over the pile of rocks.  I was pretty proud of myself as I managed to get us home with only a little pin-striping and forgot to go around one rock on the road - but it was just a small one which simply caused a "bump".  It's hard to believe that three short years ago, I was extremely nervous when we went up that same canyon.  And now, I can easily drive the trail myself.

A couple of weeks ago we travelled to El Cajon (near San Diego) to pick up a Cocker Spaniel puppy.  He is so darn cute, but I am glad that he belongs to friends which means we can enjoy him without the cost!  It's almost similar to grandparenting!!

Although we have only been back down south for a few days, we now have a phone that does not work properly - we can send and receive texts and receive phone calls but can't dial out.  Too bad it didn't happen a few days earlier.  Also, our furnace motor had been giving us a bit of trouble - but no more.  Today we changed it.  And notice I said we!!!!  so all is now good.

Until next time, which I promise will be very soon, take care!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment